Tamang Society of the United Kingdom is a charitable and non profit organisation devoted to look after the social, religious and cultural affairs. The growing number of Tamangs residing in the UK over the last couple of years necessitated the formation of this Society in order to communicate and share the language, culture, religion and traditions.
- The prevention or relief of poverty or financial hardship among the Tamang community in Nepal by providing or assisting in the provision of education, training, healthcare projects and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient in particular but not exclusively by: a) The provision of support for education of children where families otherwise could not afford to pay to educate their children. b) Medical fees to help individuals and families access proper medical resources and early intervention for illnesses where they can’t otherwise access it due to lack of sufficient funds.
- The relief of financial need and suffering among victims of natural or other kinds of disaster in Nepal in the form of money (or other means deemed suitable) for persons, bodies or organisations affected including food, water and shelter and the longer term needs of rebuilding their community.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit amongst members of the Tamang community in the UK by preventing such people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society, in particular but, not exclusively by: a) Providing local network groups that encourage and enable such people to participate more effectively with the wider community; b) The provision of education, training and advice and support on matters such as health, housing and employment and such other support designed to enable them to integrate and adapt to their local communities.
- To further or benefit members of the Tamang community across the UK, by advancing education and providing facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the objective of improving their conditions of life.
- To advance the Buddhist faith for the benefit of the public, and in particular but not exclusively, members of the Tamang community in the UK.
Meet the Team
The hardworking group of individual who volunteer their precious time to make this work.
Mrs Anju Yonzon Tamang
Mr Bishnu Bahadur Tamang
Mr Bhimprasad Tamang
Mr Pratap Lama
Mr Sukra Bahadur Tamang
Mr Gyan Bahadur Tamang
Mr Phulman Tamang
Mr Jane Doe